WINSTON-SALEM, NC — August 22, 2018
After a successful 8-month beta program with over 700 registered participants, Fluree PBC has officially released FlureeDB – a blockchain database built to power enterprise-grade applications – in production for general use.
- A number of companies involved with Fluree’s beta program are already poised to launch production ready applications built on FlureeDB. Included in this list are: Alpha Software, a low-code enterprise application development platform, Benekiva, a life insurance claims processing platform, SSBI, a major India consulting company that has built a government records management solution, One Donation, a charitable giving SaaS offering, and Docsmore, a document management platform.
- FlureeDB is available for download or as a hosted service at http://www.flur.ee. FlureeDB is free for lightweight applications to try, or is available as a paid enterprise version, which includes additional features and priority support.
- FlureeDB is an ACID compliant graph database with a blockchain core. It provides novel features such as time travel, “smart” functions, distributed consensus, tamper resistance and a provable historic audit trail.
FlureeDB can run internally as a highly-performant graph database to power standard business applications, but can also be distributed and decentralized – in its entirety – across an established network of participants known as a “permissioned blockchain.” Permissioned blockchains provide entities in a consortium with a transparent ledger of transactions that is immutable by nature and decentralized with no central authority. FlureeDB’s ability to deliver these characteristics in a familiar database format promises transformative implications for industries such as Supply Chain Management, Insurance, Real Estate, Fintech, and more.
“FlureeDB packages up all the powerful database features that satisfy modern enterprise requirements, combines them with an immutable, time-ordered blockchain core ledger, and delivers to enterprises a practical and powerful infrastructure on which to build, distribute, and scale custom blockchains,” said Brian Platz, Co-founder and Co-CEO at Fluree PBC. “It is my hope that the flexibility FlureeDB provides developers will be leveraged to pioneer practical deployments of enterprise blockchains and usher in a new era of decentralization, business transparency, and industry collaboration.”
A number of companies have already announced their use of FlureeDB for their service and product offerings, citing its powerful database capabilities with blockchain features as key value propositions in selecting their backend infrastructure. Included in this list:
Benekiva, an insurtech platform focused on digitizing the life insurance claims process, uses FlureeDB to store policyholder signatures on an immutable ledger. This reduces the need for complex audits and also enhances the level of trust between policyholder, insurance company, and beneficiary. Benekiva plans to mature into a decentralized platform that will streamline contract and claims workflows across market participants in a consortium powered by FlureeDB.
SSBI, a major Indian consultancy and holding company, will represent FlureeDB in the Indian market. SSBI is initially focused on government records management and has developed a proof of concept expected to go into pilot shortly for one of India’s largest states.
One Donation, software that allows employees to engage in philanthropy through instant payroll deductions, is leveraging FlureeDB to provide a transparent and tamper-resistant platform for charitable giving. With blockchain finality, One Donation can provide proof that donations were allocated to their intended charitable cause.
Docsmore is a cloud-based Document Management and Facilitation platform focused on replacing paperwork with a digital model for document management. Using FlureeDB to store document signatures on an immutable ledger, Docsmore is able to provide its clients with an unprecedented level of tamper resistance and guaranteed data integrity.
“At Docsmore, we are thrilled to use FlureeDB as part of our continued commitment to innovation, security, and efficiency,” said Bobbie Shrivastav, Co-founder & CEO of Docsmore. “FlureeDB gives us the power to irreversibly guarantee that sensitive information was handled correctly and legally binding signatures were stored immutably.”
Key Features Include:
- Immutable blockchain core for tamper resistance and a provable historic audit trail.
- “Smart” Database Functions for programmatic control over data updates, consensus rules, or permissions.
- Support for distributed ledger in a decentralized network.
- “Time Travel” – Point in Time Query allows every version of your historical database to be queried instantly.
- Graph database format with powerful analytical query logic support.
- Separate query engine for linear scaling, delivering sub-millisecond query responses.
- Cloud hosted (DBaaS) option for no management overhead.
- ACID compliant transactions.
Companies can sign up for free or licensed versions of FlureeDB at: http://www.flur.ee.
About Fluree PBC
Co-founded in 2016 by Flip Filipowski and Brian Platz, Fluree PBC is a Delaware-registered Public Benefit Corporation focused on enabling blockchain deployments for a wide range of industry applications. FlureeDB is the first solution that brings blockchain into the data tier with a fully-functioning and modern database. By leveraging blockchain as a core element in its underlying architecture, FlureeDB stands as a unique and needed infrastructure solution for building out enterprise-grade blockchain applications at scale.
About Flip Filipowski
Flip was the CEO, COO of Cullinet, the largest software company of the 80’s and founder and CEO of Platinum Technology, Inc., 8th largest global software company at time of sale to Computer Associates for 4 billion dollars. Upside Magazine’s Top 100 most influential people in Information Technology, winner of both the E&Y and the Merrill Lynch Entrepreneur of the year award. Winner of ADL’s Torch of Liberty award. Recipient of the YPO Legacy Award.
About Brian Platz
Prior to establishing Fluree, Brian co-founded SilkRoad Technology which grew to over 2,000 customers and 500 employees in 12 global offices. Brian serves on the Board of Directors for Fuel 50, one of the highest growth HR technology startups, as well as several other boards in an advisory capacity. He is the co-founder of the popular A List Apart web development community.